Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Masked Singer Has A Frog In It's Throat!

The season premiere of The Masked Singer revealed the snail to be "the most famous guest on The Masked Singer ever"...



The snail clue package:

“Hiya folks! You know, I’ve acted, directed, produced, recorded albums, even graced the Oscars stage. I’m rubbed elbows with everyone from Robert DeNiro and Lady Gaga to Michelle Obama. And well, you might say I’m best known for appreciating the talent of those around me. Here, I want to show those harsh critics who’ve followed me throughout my career that I can shine on my own. And now I can’t wait to get out there and snail it, get it?”

Can you guess who it was? Yep, it was Kermit the snail, I mean Kermit the frog!

Kermit performed Hall & Oates' "You Make My Dreams (Come True)" and was going to perform “I’m a Believer” if he had returned.

The snail costume was a mobile cart driven my Matt Vogel preforming Kermit. 

From Variety:

“We decided to structure the costume around a mobile cart device that was battery-operated and controlled by the celebrity hidden within,” said executive producer Craig Plestis. “Our biggest fear given the limited visibility was that our celebrity would drive off the stage, but luckily that didn’t happen.”

The idea for the Snail came out of a desire by the producers to come up with a costume that “was a complete surprise,” Plestis said. “In other words, you could not tell from the costume if the celebrity was male or female, tall or short, large or small, whatever. So we gave that idea to our Emmy award-winning costume designer, Marina Toybina, and she ran with it.”


Kermit ga
ve an exclusive interview to Entertainment Weekly about his experience on the show. 

You can watch the big reveal below:


No comments:

Post a Comment